Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A lace lampshade ~



This is a project I made for the store quite a while ago and loved it. I meant to make more but I am a rambling creative girl and do not tarry long on one item but I did like the way this turned out. Another dealer in our store had a few lampshade frames for sale so I bought them thinking I could make something out of them, I didn't know what, but something. They were already spray painted a creamy white and the same shape as the last photo.

I began digging in my vintage lace collection and starting laying the pieces on the frame. When I figured out which pieces needed to go where I began simply stitching them onto the frame. I used sheer ribbon on the lower piece to gather it for a ruffled effect and then to tie it on. After adding a few old buttons and a pretty vintage pin, it was finished. It really looked pretty with the antique glass lamp that needed a shade.

The last picture uses a flash and you can see some of the detail better. It's such a great way to decorate and enjoy beautiful vintage lace.



10 comments:

Through Robin's Eyes said...

My mother led me to you site and I am so excited!! It is late now, but tomorrow I am planning on taking some time and enjoying everything that you have here. My mother was telling me about the paint color that you posted about. I am looking for new colors for my house and that is a beautiful color. Thank you for sharing it. Hope you can give my blog a visit. I am new and it is still in its beginning stages, cut would love to have you as a visitor!
Blessings,
Robin

LivingTheLife said...

That is lovely...such beautiful detail...but yet seemingly so simple...what a fabulous eye you have for decorating!! Love, Love, Love it!!

Blessings...
T

LivingTheLife
aka
http://www.tpmom4ever.blogspot.com

wisteriagirl said...

Sweet Dawn...is there no end to your creative capabilities? You are so totally awesome!! The lamp shade is beautiful! Hugs, Cindy

Lori said...

what a super sweet and beautiful idea, the lampshade is just lovely...

Becky said...

This is so sweet. I love your new creation. The lace with the glass shimmery bottom is perfection.
Smiles to you friend,
Becky

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! So sweet. :)

Charity

Crafty Mama said...

Oh I soooooooo love that lampshade!! What a great idea. Turned out so lovely... Gonna give that a try myself! Hope it turns out a bit like yours!!

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

What a lovely lace lampshade, I hadnt' thought of doing one, I will have to give it a whirl!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

GORGEOUS!

Tina Leavy said...

so very pretty. you are so creative gal! this is nice!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...