Thursday, December 6, 2007

A nice day is . . .

Waking up, getting everyone off to school then coming back home and getting ready to go meet a sweet friend for lunch. Then enjoying each other's company, sharing thoughts and looking at amazing Japanese sewing books together!

Today I met Karin of Meandering Travels of Mindless Thoughts for lunch and we had the best time! She was one of my Pay-It-Forward volunteers and I was able to hand deliver her goodies today! Plus, she brought these wonderful Japanese sewing books she just bought that were chock full of great projects.

After lunch, we headed over to The Plum Tree for awhile. I had a few things to drop off and of course, I had to do a little shopping too! Karin did some shopping herself (thank you, Karin!) and we were able to visit with Cindy for awhile.


Thank you so much for lunch, Karin ~ it really was such a nice day!



***************************************

Ellie snoozing this morning on a pillow. She's looking like "uh, do you mind?"




A little cotton batting stocking that I finally finished and took to the store today. This is a project featured in the wonderful book pictured below. It's just my version of it!




Love, love this book! There's even a section towards the end of the book that features Debbie from Curious Sofa and her Christmas decorating ideas!


12 comments:

wanderlustandpixiedust said...

Your pup looks as snug as a bug!

SweetAnnee said...

I love your stocking..Puppy looks so happy
and what fun to do lunch and go to Plum Tree!!!
Write me..or let me find it on your BLOG..The Pay it Forward ..
I want to know about it and what you're doing..
I want to DO also!!!
huggles..teehee..Deena

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Dawn, that seems like a very good day to me ! Your little Ellie looks so cozy and content.
Great job you did on that stocking. You are so talented !

Blessings,Shelley

Alison Gibbs said...

You have had a fun day. Lucky you.
What a gorgeous stocking.
Interesting book - have to look for that one.
Alison

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. It is refreshing spending time with a friend. xoxo Nita

Lori said...

what a sweet pic of your Ellie, she is SO photogenic:) your little stocking is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh ! you have done it again . What a delight to the eyes . Thank you for reminding me of that book - I bought it in the summer - but You version of the stocking is so much more delightful, you always have a wonderful vision that makes it uniquely yours . Gotta come shop before all the delights you create are gone -- Kathy

deb said...

Look at your sweet pooch! Sounds like a fun day you day. I love days like that.

LivingTheLife said...

Dawn...have I ever mentioned to you that your site is one that I love to come to and ewww, ahhh, and relax with...when I am stressed your site just de-stresses me for some reason...its such an ethereral place to visit...so I thank you for that...you're such a talent...I'm sure in more ways than you know....what a blessing for all of us to get to peek into your world.

That Ellie...she's just a "put her in your pocket" kind of girl...she is just packed with too much CUTE!!

All of your things are gorgeous as always...I love this stocking...too late for me to get started on one myself...I am slowly finishing the rag balls you featured...and I am attempting the baby shoe pin cushions for 2 of my gal pals for Christmas...and one for me of course...those are just too cute...I wanted to buy all of yours instead of attempting my own...but there was only one left when I found them...so I am giving it a go...don't know if mine will compare to yours...but I love the idea...

Again...love to visit your site...and really love that precious Ellie...she's a keeper!!

Blessings....
Teresa

Ottilias Veranda said...

You make such lovely things! And your dog is a cutie! I really enjoy Your blog!

Liisa

Mrs. Jones said...

I've had this book on my wish list for a while, but now I have to have it.

Anonymous said...

ooo how cute my pooch looks kind of like my doggy.CeCe is part Russel Terrior,beagle,border collie ..she is a rescue from V.I. she is not doing to well.A couple weeks ago she was
attacked by a pitbull.She is lucky to be alive .Now she has a cough! I hope I sell my 'shoe' so I can take her to vet.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...