Saturday, May 24, 2008

Just relaxing in Savannah ~

Today was a fun day in Savannah ~ I think the fishermen pretty much burned up on the lake as the humidity was unbearable but Emily, Brad and I headed to the air-conditioned comfort of Barnes & Noble! The wonderful antique/junque store that I've found treasures in on another visit was gone....closed up....boarded up to be exact. After discovering that, we moved on to our next destination. I love to go to the book store. Barnes & Noble has that amazing smell when you walk through the doors. I just want to stand still and inhale!

I found these amazing glue sticks that I've seen on so many blogs and they're right, they do smell heavenly!! I really look forward to using them when I get home.

My other wonderful purchase was this neat book by MaryJo and Sunny Koch Vintage Collage Works. What a wonderful, inspirational book!!! Their style is so very "me." I've included several interior photos to give you an idea of the content. If you'd like to visit their website, you can click HERE.

Another thing I found that I will order from Amazon, is several Dover image books with the image CD included! Just wonderful images that I can print from my own computer to use in my artwork. 

We visited a few thrift stores but only found one neat old plate for collage. The antique stores in Savannah are quite high dollar and out of my league, as I love junky, old, tattered, stained and discarded things.....

The boys are really enjoying being together. We've cooked burgers out on the grill tonight and are watching a movie together. Sometimes I stop and think, "My goodness, we have a lot of children!!" I love them each so much, for who they are and for who they are becoming ~ Hoping that your weekend is going so good.

xxoo, Dawn








12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, thanks for the heads up about the Vintage book, it looks like a must-have!! I'm off to check out their website. :)

Elizabeth said...

OOh< I am jealous about you being in Savannah. I was born there. Now, I am out West, but I LOVE that city.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!

vintage girl at heart said...

Ohh looks like fun!!!
So happy that you are enjoying your trip with your Family!!
Let us know how that glue works!!!

A Wild Thing said...

As a novice to collage, but having the craving to learn, each snippet of info helps sculpt the idea to form...thanks for sharing.

Enjoy that wonderful heat and family time, I am still in fleece here in Iowa.
sharon

Vee said...

Hmmmm, gluesticks that smell good?

Sounds as if you had a fine day even if your favorite spot is gone poof. I hate when that happens.

Keep having fun!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Dawn... Oh disappointed about the shop being closed. I am sure you will continue the hunt however. I am not going anywhere antiquing.. I purchased a satin purse on " pretty petals " blog last night so that is my splurge for this week. I saw it on her blog and she said she was going to place it in her shop. I am so glad you are enjoying family...I was looking at the vintage papers collage book. I love the page that shows the shakers. I love old shakers and always look for them....It is amazing how we all have different objects that we fall in love with and just instantly draws the eye.... The free give-a-way for the USA box is going wonderfully well. Guess I am going to have to put my thinking cap on and figure out something alsome to offer in the next couple weeks. Continue having a good time....

Sheila Rumney said...

Just love the book. Thanks for always sharing all the goodies! Have a wonderful time together.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely book!

Enzie At World Market Portraits

Sandy said...

I am so glad you and your family are having a great time! Your are correct, that darling book has Dawn written all over it! Continued wishes of fun, family closeness, and safe travel home.

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great book. Sounds like you guys are having a fun time.
Alison

Lori said...

i hope you are having fun Dawn:) that book is on my wish list...i hugely admire Sunny Koch, her work is amazing!!!

Cindy said...

Don't you LOVE that book! I almost screamed when I found it @ B&N. So very pretty.
c


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...