Friday, May 2, 2008


The Sparrow

A little bird, with plumage brown,
Beside my window flutters down,
A moment chirps its little strain,
Then taps upon my window-pane,
And chirps again, and hops along,
To call my notice to its song;
But I work on, nor heed its lay,
Till, in neglect, it flies away.

So birds of peace and hope and love
Come fluttering earthward from above,
To settle on life's window-sills,
And ease our load of earthly ills;
But we, in traffic's rush and din
Too deep engaged to let them in,
With deadened heart and sense plod on,
Nor know our loss till they are gone.

Paul Laurence Dunbar


Wishing you a wonderful Friday ~
Click the sparrow artwork to enlarge, then right click to save to your computer!

6 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

ah, I wanted the fairy shoe :) but I knew once I got back home, it would be in the heart of someone else. The quote you left is one of my all-time favorites and it speaks volumns as to the feelings of my heart. Thank you for your support, dear one~

misskp said...

Hi, Dawn...I am a fairly new visitor to your blog, and I love it! I wanted to thank you for the images you share, and to tell you that you are certainly an inspiration for me to get working on my art projects...yours are fabulous!(That fairy shoe is THE BEST!)

Sue said...

Thank you Dawn, I enjoy visiting you every morning. It's a nice way to start the day. I love the images you share.

Fete et Fleur said...

Dawn,
I love the new music on your blog. Edward Scissorhands is one of my favorites.

xx Nancy

Alisa Noble said...

Oh my! What a wonderful poem! I'm so glad I found your blog.
Alisa

Sherry said...

Dawn, such a beautiful poem to go with these beautiful birds!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...