Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Do you love toile? A few images for you ~

I love it! Toile that is....it has a timeless, classic quality to it ~ seems as though in all the Victoria magazines, toile is a constant fabric that is used in their photography and it is still just as beautiful as ever.

I made this stocking quite awhile ago to sell at the antique store and I wanted to add a little more to it. It needed a few special touches and I think that adding the antique lace and buttons did the trick! Plus at the very tip, I've added a beautiful antique bell.

This is a one-of-a-kind stocking...I'm not very good at making duplicates as I'm always wanting to move on to something new! If you're interested, please email me at sewmanyroses@yahoo.com, it's 22.00 plus 6.00 shipping in the continental US ~ I'll put it in my Etsy store soon. (It's about 19" tall by 8.5" wide)



















Here are a few image goodies for you!!! I scanned in a few more from my collection. Just click to enlarge and right click to save to your computer ~







Don't you love this last one?? Friendship's well will never run dry in this land of blog!!


Wishing you a great Tuesday ~
xxoo, Dawn

17 comments:

tam said...

Oh my gosh Dawn! I absolutely love the Christmas stcoking-that would go perfectly in my home!!! And I so adore toile! I am coveting that stocking...hhhmmm Wow so tempting!
~Tam :)

Tami said...

What a cute Christmas stocking. I love the vintage post cards!

Dorthe said...

I absolutely love toile too, and espescially the red one.
Your stocking is so beautifull dear friend
hugs Dorthe

Lori said...

i certainly DO love toile!!! your stocking is really pretty Dawn, i love the bits of lace and buttons that you added:)

Anonymous said...

Morning Dawn! I too adore Toile and just finished covering my dining room chairs in it! My guest room is also being done in pink/crm toile. Such a beautiful stocking but I know what you mean about moving on to new ideas; they just keep coming but not always enough time - right!!!lol Have a great day - Sincerely, Jeannette

Deb said...

Your stocking is absolutley beautiful! Over the weekend, I ordered the tutorial for the snowmen!! I can't wait to get started!

Sandy said...

The bell on the toe is a perfect touch. Your stocking is darling!

Karen said...

How very pretty. I love it! Karen

Lorrie said...

Do I love toile? Of course! Gorgeous stocking!

Lorrie

Betty said...

Love the stocking...so pretty and unique!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, thank you for sharing the pictures to save! The toile stocking is lovely! I love toile too. I have tone-on-tone toile in our bathroom and a butter cream and salmon in the kitchen, living room and dining room here and there. It's always a good choice with stripes, isn't it! OO0-La-La so very French! :-)
Diane

Bambi said...

Love your stocking, Dawn, and yes I do love me some toile!! I have black and white toile combined with small black and white check in my kitchen and eating area.

kathy said...

Toile is so timeless - this is so beautiful _ KAthy - GA

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so beautiful. I jsut love coming for a visit when I can. Gorgeous work. Linda Albrecht

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I have some ticking and toile stockings over at my blog, plus an award for you!

Unknown said...

Lovely stockings!

Anonymous said...

just discovered your site- love, love, love it! Raine


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...