Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm in love with . . . Life!

Not just my life but THIS Life!!! It's not a magazine. I can't call it that anymore. This publication is totally a KEEPER!! I found it at our Books-A-Million ~ the last one...and it just came out, what, yesterday?? I'm just glad they had it so I didn't have to cry big ol' crocodile tears ~



Just to give you a glimpse of what's inside this issue ~




Gorgeous inspiration.....


I ran by the antique mall that is near the book store and found a few little goodies. A black umbrella....4.00!

By the way, do you see my lovely photo shooting backdrop?? A matelasse sham pinned to a piece of foamcore! I love the texture though ~

I bought the glove box because I want to try an idea I had about them ~
Lee, I'll try it first to see if it looks dumb :)


Gorgeous Anna Griffin Thank You cards on clearance at Michael's, why? I don't know. I think they look timeless!


Back to the antique mall finds, an old monogram pattern for 1.00! I love the crown and the "s"


I bought these wonderful old photos for the both of us....scroll down just a little and you can save your copy to your computer!


And this thing? I don't know what it is, but I thought it could hold some sprigs of something on an assemblage ~


Don't they look like wonderful friends? Click to enlarge and right click to save!


And this little guy is so precious!! for you as well ~


Wishing you a wonderful Friday dear friends!!
xxoo, Dawn

13 comments:

Lee Weber said...

Score!! Nice finds. I love buying thank you cards- I always have a stash somehwere. Loving the glove box!!! I know you'll make something totally gorgeous with it. Have you pulled apart the photo album yet?

I don't have much luck with the Somerset mags. I've ordered 2 off the website that have never come. Our Borders either sells out quickly, or never has them to start with. SIGH. This one looks gorgeous.

The Jeweled Postcard said...

Oh I so need to get that magazine! You say last one, I'll be lucky if ours even has it yet ;(

Love your new finds too! Happy Independence Day Dawn!
candice xo

Sandy said...

Such fun finds! I got my issue yesterday too and love it. I am looking forward to a quite Sunday afternoon to browse through it. Our bookstore was already sold out of the latest Handcrafted issue so there were some crocodile tears here. I'll have to drive into the city to get an issue. There are some deconstructed lamp shades in there that I want a closer gander at. Have a great day!

Vee said...

Love the photo of the friends...they look so happy. That magazine is far more than a usual magazine and the price is far more, too, but it looks marvelous.

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hi MIz Dawn!
I too drool over my fav publication..Somerset Life..I just had to post about it too,,,the best way is pre-ordering it early for no postage fee. Because, I "HAVE" to have it. Looks like I better get to Michaels and see what's up,,I think Anna G. has been discontinued by Michaels, dumb,,I love her line. Maybe there is something left I cannot live without.
I wonder if the case is for cigars.?. and a great umbrella too!
Thanks for the images sweetie.
Happy 4th of July.
Love
Marcie

Karen said...

Dawn,
Looks like you had a great day!! The mag looks OH so wonderful, guess I need to keep looking for it!! Enjoy your new goodies!

sassytrash said...

Thanks for sharing your photos, and I can't wait to see what you do with the little "thing" in an assemblage. I hope I am lucky enough to find an issue of the new Somerset---thanks for the reminder, I need a little inspiration!

Lori said...

that issue of somerset life looks amazing, i may have to splurge and get that one...it really looks so pretty and inspiring...LOVE your glove box, beautiful color...i can't wait to see what you do with it Dawn!!!

Dorthe said...

Dearest Dawn, Thankyou for your sweet greeting.
I too got the Sommerset life, and loves it, --have already been spending many late evenings with that in my bed.
I love all your founds too, expecial the glove box, and the foderal, I`m sure you will make very special beautifull things with those, items.
Sweet friend wishes you a wonderfull week-end Dawn.

With love and hugs~Dorthe

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I think that might be a cigar holder, Dawn. At first I thought fountain pens, but those were usually for only one.
happy 4th~!

Wildflowerhouse said...

My thrift store has nothing like that. I'll be right over!LOL Happy 4th to you dear Dawn. Sharon

Hopelessly Romantic Art Studio said...

Thanks for sharing the Somerset Life with us! I haven't been able to lay my hands on it yet. Boo hoo, I went to three stores looking Friday. Oh well there's always tomarrow! Love the finds, I've been looking for a glove box myself; that one is perfect!
Blessings, Gerri

Charlene said...

Thank you for the images. You got some great treasures at Plum Tree. I would love to go shop there with you!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...