Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kindness always makes you smile ~

I have a few little image gifts for you!!
A wonderful old photo of a woman...
don't you love her dress?


A few more sweet images ~




The cards above came in the most wonderful
surprise package from Marie of Spun by Me...
they were accompanied by this precious gift ~


Look at her expression....
A beautiful little angel gently holding a bird's nest ~
Marie said she thought of me when she saw it
and knew she had to send it to me!


And look sweet Marie! She fits wonderfully on
my tiny side table in my studio.




And look at this gorgeous rose she included....
Dear sweet Marie, thank you so very much,
I just love her!!


Also a package arrived from sweet Lisa of Tarnished and Tattered!
Lisa and I both love books and have tons of the same ones...
well she discovered that there were a few
that I didn't have and she knew I'd love them ~
plus she added the most wonderful Japanese sewing books!!!!
Lisa bought them in San Francisco at a Japanese book store....
Thank you so very much sweet Lisa, I love it all!
Now I've got to figure out what to make first :)



I love this Tinsel Trading book!


A few peeks inside:






Another wonderful decorating book.....



A few peeks inside:





Have you ever seen how neat the projects are in Japanese sewing books?
No, I can't read the instructions but the patterns and photos guide you.










Sometimes I can't even believe how many precious friends I've made here.
Just when I'm feeling blue or having a rough day,
my dear friends here in the land of blog make me smile!!!!


I hope you have a great Tuesday sweet friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn

21 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Tenderness and care; this is what I see here! Beautiful images! Anita

Anonymous said...

Well, as I see it, Dawn, one of the sweetest ladies in Blogland just received surprises from two of the other sweetest ladies we know!
Blessings!
Diane

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Sweet Precious friends ~
Who would have known to look for Japanese sewing books :)
xoxo
Lori

Unknown said...

What a precious post! What precious friends! God is so good. Thank you for this post and all of the pretty pictures. It blessed me this morning to share in your happiness : ) Lots of love to you.

Ruth said...

Just wanted to thanks you Dawn for sharing your beautiful images. You just find the very best!

These wer exactly was I needed today. For a swap, I've made a burlap bird in a willow nest and wanted to make a couple of tags to go along. How perfect are these!

Your the best Dawn!

Hugs & Blessings.... Ruth ;)

Lisa said...

Hey hon,
I'm so glad you like them. I adore the Japanese books, so simple, so beautiful. The angel Marie send is gorgeous, I think you can fit at least another couple of things on that table!! Maybe a 'p' pot? LOL Sorry, couldn't help myself. Lisa

marie said...

The cover of the Tinsel Trading Co. book is amazing ~ and the peeks inside are beautiful. Love those covered boxes!
The children's clothing ideas in the Japanese sewing books are so fun ~ perfect for grandbabies!

I'm so glad you liked your angel ~ you put her right where I was thinking! I think Lisa is right ~ looks like there might be room for a tiny 'p' pot!!
: )

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Blogger friends are the best...
Beautiful treasures ...
Beautiful friends...
xoxo~kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Unknown said...

Oh Dawn...I love that beautiful little angel...she is just precious.

I also want to check out that Eclectic Style book...it looks fabulous.

Best always,

Cori
Starview Sonnet

Mosaic Magpie said...

What lovely gifts and anytime you look at them you will remember the ones that sent them. Isn't that blue and white embroidered bird in the Japanese book something.
Debbie

At Home in English Valley said...

Dawn, Kindness comes so naturally to you, and I appreciate your kindness and generosity so very much. Love the bird images, I remember that rhyme from long ago. Thank you, you are so dear to us all. Love, Penny

Charlene said...

What wonderful goodies you got in the mail!!!! Don't you just love mail love? Those Japanese sewing books are marvelous! Have a great week. And thank you for the sweet images!!!! I love the one of the woman. HUGS! Charlene

Barbara Jean said...

Dawn,
Thank you for starting our day with all this delightfulness!!!

Love love love the little book pages at the top! They will work perfectly for some ideas already brewing. =)

and what wonderful magazines.

thanks

blessings

barbara jean

Vee said...

Your dear friends are taking such good care of you. I know how fun it is to find delights in the mailbox! What a sweet needlebook from the Japanese craft book! It is exquisite.

Doreen Frost said...

How sweet & wonderful Dawn....it would seem..you receive..what you give..you are a sweet and wonderful person..and therefore that comes back to you!!!

I just love the angel..and the Japanese pattern books..OH MY..I love them..everything is wonderful :)

wishing you a joyous week!
Hugs, ♥Doreen

Louise @ Illume Design said...

How lovely.. i just found your blog its beautiful.. i love the birds.

Louise @ Illume Design Invites

Rustique Gal said...

Dawn, What sweet goodies. Enjoy them! I loved peeking inside the books-All the books! I think I need to find the Tinsel Trading book-it grabs me!
The angel is just adorable and fits right in!
Sherry

Sally L. Smith said...

I love the lacey dress in the photo and wondered where she is going in that coach--so lovely. The bird cards--exquisite. Japanese embroidery--none better. But sweet friends top them all.---Sally

Pattyjo said...

I love the face the lady with the umbrella. She is beautiful.
Your little angle is precious, is she made of wax? In the pic it looks like she has a wax coating.
Pattyjo

The Rustic Victorian said...

I love the little angel face...so you...and the white cupboard!!! Yummie gift indeed.
Love
Marcie

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

Beautiful - beautiful - beautiful - your blog is so beautiful.
I wonder if I am aloud to save the image of your sweet rose and use in my card making for sale????


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...