Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Trying new things is good!

So...we went out of town all weekend....
no internet, no nothing ~ which is good, I know.
Then we returned late Sunday evening and enjoyed the company
of our little 9 yr old nephew who loves Noah...
and wanted to create in Aunt Dawn's studio.

I decided to show him how to make a bookmark.
That boy caught on SO fast and made TONS of bookmarks!!!
For everyone he could think of :)
It's sweet how one little thing can spark that creative fire!!!




I always have to post photos of stuff I love...maybe you'll love them too?







I've packed up a few goodies to mail out today and now I
have my heart set on playing with a few toys I haven't told you about yet!
A melting pot and a little beeswax....
let's see how I do at this :)
Wish me luck!

Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn




12 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Yes, I love photos of things. I always enjoy your photography. There are snippets of this and that in the fringes of the photo. Kids love to craft and create, how nice that you took the time to do that with him. Thanks for sharing. ~ Abby

YONKS said...

Love all your items - keep sharing!
Di
X

Susan said...

Your photos are beautiful!! Glad you had some fun time with your little nephew!

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Dawn, I can see exactly why you love these things..I am especially drawn to the Barley image for some reason.

Rose

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
Beautiful photos! Glad you had a relaxing tech-free weekend.
Hugs,
Cheryl

Vee said...

You are so filled with inspiration, you need nothing as capricious as luck. I'm just imagining what a nine year old boy would think to be able to spend time in your studio. Way cool!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Dawn, so many gorgeous things to see here, I can see why you love them, it's all so beautiful. It's so great that you and your nephew enjoyed time together creating and making happy memories! I just visited your creative space too, and it's gorgeous! Have a wonderful week!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Anonymous said...

HI Dawn, I always love visiting with you. I hope you're doing well. Have a great day and thank you for sharing the beautiful images of things you love. Always an inspiration to me.

Anonymous said...

Glad you were renewed in your respite to come home to someone new to inspire creatively. Your "things I love" photo parade caught my eye - so nice. I'm finally getting out all my happy things to make a more creative space for NEW ventures in my own life. We'll see how that goes, too!
Joy in your new melting pot!
Miss Kathy

Charlene said...

Some beautiful photos Dawn! I bet the boys did have fun creating with you! Can't wait to see what you make with the bees wax!
Charlene

Susan Hemann said...

I bought a wax kit a long time ago and haven't tried it yet.

Linda S. said...

Your photos are just gorgeous. It's amazing how so many of us crafters love the same old things. I also love that you took time to spend with a nine year old boy, and let him enjoy learning from you. Priceless, I tell ya.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...