Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Using the stem stash!


After having these wonderful pumpkin stems tucked away for a few years,
I am SO glad that I'm finally actually using them!
I only have a few more left and hope to end up using each and every one.

I made this trio a few days ago and then pulled out an old sewing machine drawer
that I have had for YEARS...and created a sweet display.

I packed old pattern tissue all in the bottom of the drawer and topped it with
natural colored excelsior that resembles straw.
Then I just tucked the three little frosted pumpkins inside!
This piece is already sold but I had to share it with you ~










I've been busy for DAYS cleaning up the house
as my mom and dad came into town yesterday.
Dad always brings his tool belt and
is ready for my little list of handy-man projects...
this time he bought me a wood screened door and hug it on the studio door!!

It keeps the cats out (yes, I'm very particular about my stuff)
and plus it allows for great air circulation too!
I love it so much, I'll be sure to share a photo soon too.

We also had sweet Clara over to spend the night this past weekend and
had such a fun time visiting with her.
She and I ended up making glass magnets
together and I think she really enjoyed it!
Here's the angel holding her work:


I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend ~
Ours was very low key and relaxing, just the way I like it!
(Except for the cleaning...)

Wishing you a beautiful Thursday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn













6 comments:

marda said...

Amazing pumpkins and display. Lucky person who bought it.
I imagine Clara ALWAYS has fun at Grandma's house... or are you a Nana?

Dorthe said...

Sweetest Dawn,
your pumpkins are so beautiful, I love their simplicity, and clean beauty.
And your lovely Clare such a sweetie, I know how she surely are totally happy to create with you, when visiting.
You was lucky to have visit from your parents , and your alwayes so helpful dad.
Sending you much love, dearest friend and wishing you a beautiful September day sweetie.
Your Dorthe

Theresa said...

Be still my heart! Those pumpkins are SO pretty and so is sweet Clara! I know that she will learn lots of creative tips from you:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a gorgeous display, Dawn! I love your pumpkins in that drawer. How sweet Clara looks holding her glass magnet. I'll bet you had a lot of fun, especially now that she is a little older and can do different crafty things with you. I've been pinning some things I can do with my granddaughter (she's 4). Now with Fall and the holidays not far behind, I'd love to make some stuff with her.

Sandi said...

These are so beautiful Dawn!! I am having fun making them too and I just did a blog post today about them as well. Great minds think alike! Lol
Blessings~

Deborah Montgomery said...

Beautiful pumpkins!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...